The Crit’Air Vignette and the necessary additional information - That is the Green-Zones-App!
The purchase of a Crit’Air badge in itself is not particularly helpful. The crucial factor in many cases is the knowledge of which vignette color may currently drive in which ZCR and ZPA environmental zone, on which day and during which times, and which types of vehicles are affected.
In order to answer these questions, an additional information service is necessary, which is offered for free to all costumers of a French Crit’Air vignette through the Green-Zones app.
The challenges for logistic and commercial traffic as well as tourist bus traffic and private vehicles in Europe
In general, logistics and transport companies—but also tourist buses and private individual cars—often ask themselves the following questions when planning their routes through and around environmental zones:
- Which vignette/badge is assigned to each type of vehicle, depending on the type of fuel and the date of first registration?
- Which vignette/badge is valid in each country? And which vehicles are allowed to drive in which environmental zones (with or without vignettes), and at which times of day?
- Which vignettes/badges are mandatory in European environmental zones, depending on the weather, the zone and specific national and local norms?
- How can I take into account the different traffic regulations in each national language, without disobeying them? And how can I identify the borders of environmental zones, if they are not signposted?
- When and how can I learn about the norms of a ZPA or ZCR environmental zone, when those norms are temporarily or permanently tightened, or if there are temporary and short-notice traffic restrictions on European roads and high ways?
- How can I have an overview of the overall geographical situation of existing environmental zones in Europe? And how can I stay informed about new environmental zones?
- How, where and at what times can I make a detour around environmental zones? And in which countries and environmental zones will I pay a fine for norm infringement?
In order to get an answer to the above-mentioned questions, and in order to stay informed about the state of each zone in real time, from 8 PM also for the next day, the Green-Zones app is necessary. This app provides crucial information about all environmental zones where the badge is mandatory, allowing drivers to receive information in their own language and making them independent of local information sources in French.
How does the Green-Zones app work?
The Green-Zones app refers to the Green-Zones data-base, which contains all currently valid national and local norms and which also takes into account the daily updates of the relevant norms regarding traffic restrictions and permanent traffic prohibitions for each zone.
In the case of ZPA and ZCR zones in France, all daily information coming from French local authorities will be incorporated to the data base and will be communicated to the extent that they may contribute, in the following days, to traffic prohibitions related to the weather situation.
The main and essential functions of the Green-Zones app
The main functions of the Green-Zones app are as follows:
- A detailed presentation of all norms and exceptions related to each environmental zone in Europe, where a vignette or badge may be mandatory
- A detailed presentation of all European vignettes and badges on sale and which types of vehicles are associated to them depending on their Euro norm and their registration date
- A system of maps based on the geographical data indicating the environmental zones in the form of an interactive image equipped with a zoom option
- The collection of daily data stemming from local authorities indicating possible restrictions for the following days
- A prevention system of up to 5 pollution-alarm warning levels, in order to foresee possible traffic restrictions and other obligations linked to the vignette on time
Who can use the Green-Zones app and under what conditions?
The Green-Zones app will at first be made available for free to all interested users.
If the user has ordered a Crit’Air badge during the last 12 months, they will benefit from all the above-mentioned functions.
For those clients interested but who have not ordered their vignette Green-Zones, a limited version of the app will be available with services a) and b).
When will the app be available and how will it be used?
A large number of the main functions of the app are present on the page crit-air.fr in German, English, French and Spanish. A system of maps will be introduced based on geographical data in order to represent the environmental zones, with the possibility to download it and with a zoom option (Green-Zones copyright).
The use of the Green-Zones App on our website Crit-air.fr will soon be available for free for all users. Approximatively 8 to 12 weeks after the launch of the Green-Zones App will corresponding subpages locked, so the all access will be available for Green-Zones costumers only.
At this moment will the Green-Zones App also available for download on smartphones, which access will be possible thanks to an login-in code offered with the order of a vignette.